Sunday, March 20, 2016

FOA Reflection


For our group's FOA, we analyzed the play, A Doll's House, by Henrik Ibsen. We focused on the relationship between the main characters, Nora and Torvald Helmer. We chose the text because we felt it had interesting inter-character relationships that could be modified and transposed to explain the themes of the assignment. I think the outcome we accomplished most thoroughly was “develop[ing] the students’ powers of expression, both in oral and written communication”. We did this while we developed the voices of our characters in the context of the objective and the background of the character. In my opinion this was what I felt best about during our presentation. We needed to make the presentation longer while adding relation to our theme and question to make it perfect. Though, saying that more time needed to be invested in that aspect of the performance doesn’t completely function. The large amount time we spent practicing and developing the character voices was more important for me. I think the time we spent on that made it one of the strengths of our presentation.


The things I learned during this assignment are mostly ones related to how much time it took to do everything. Texts take a very long time to analyze and create. This was exemplified by our trouble writing 20 minutes of dialog for our presentation. It took more than a week to complete what we had, which was still not enough. This is what I would take away from this assignment, that text requires more work to create and analyze that I thought. I will take this into account when I do my IOC, that I should focus on creating a structure and not necessarily dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment