Thursday, November 12, 2015

Theme For English B -- Analysis

I loved all of my group members poems. They communicated unique stories and ideas within one distinct format. I was very surprised to find out Leanne started with the same first line. We ended up in very different positions at the end of our poems. I ended with a dispute of the weight of ideas formed by adults and kids. Leanne ended by establishing that adults effect kids and vice versa even though adults have more power and freedom. I was also struck by how deep and thoughtful people's poems where. I think the blog system is allowing people to feel more comfortable with their writing, it definitely helps me. All in all I learned a lot about my classmates and poetry through this project. I realized the structure of a poem does not necessarily equate to its personality. That simply by applying their personal experiences to a known structure, my classmates created moving and creative works.

No comments:

Post a Comment