Saturday, November 7, 2015

Theme For English B

The instructor said,

Go home and write

a page tonight.

And let that page come out of you-
Then, it will be true.

I wonder how it could be true?

I am seventeen, white, born in Seattle, Washington.

I moved here early, and stayed, then

a few years in private school, a few in public.

Now, I am a blissfully lost student at a  new school

I walk past others, friends, teachers, kids.

In a vehicle, and an hour home

to the farm stand, a halfway point

but not really, almost home

Tired, reluctant to write this

In my world, they shouldn't care if its true

Sometimes, it feels true, other times false

Its relative, dynamic, Port Townsend I know you're not true

The wet streets, faced buildings, repainted homes.

City sounds. We talk on this page.

Well I like to listen, almost as much as I like to talk.

I like to criticize, and empathize

and try and just exist.

be myself, and someone else.

I guess being young doesn't make me a liar

Many things older's say hold less than that of the youth

Being younger, will you see me as a lie?

Disregard my words,

Do you feel true?

if so how, and why.

I can't lie, for I am me

Sometimes perhaps you don't want to believe it.

Nor will I

We all lie, we must, for lies are truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment